Take Your Coaching to Another Level
Over the next four months we are going to provide all swimming coaches with some gold.
Not real gold, but golden ideas to assist swim coaches to better understand two key aspects of coaching which many coaches find difficult to understand. They will be explained in live sessions where you can ask questions until you fully understand and can utilise every aspect in your coaching.
Think of it as a crash course on everything you want to better understand to take your coaching to another level. This is a golden opportunity to increase your knowledge to become a better informed and more successful swim coach.
And if you are keen to improve your coaching, please read right to the bottom of this post to take advantage of our special offer. This is your opportunity to get in at the ground floor.
The program has now begun and you will get access to any sessions that have already been recorded. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to take your coaching to another level.
We have put together responses to some of the most commonly asked questions that swim coaches have. These include:
How do I prepare a seasonal plan and then weekly plan for my squad/s?
- How do I write workout designs effectively?
- How do the energy systems work?
- How do I know what the right training intensities are for my swimmers?
- Why should I be preparing my swimmers for 200m events?
We will answer all these and more in…
The School of Physiology for Training and Planning for Swimming Performance
Physiology of Training for Competition Swimmers
Coaches will be hand-led through the minefield that is understanding the physiology of training. By the end you will fully understand the terminology and practical application around training principles, energy systems, progressive overload and much more.
These sessions are all included as part of our world-wide coaching program, Swim Coach Advantage. The following topics will be explained in an easy to understand way that will help you improve your coaching.
- Training principles, training zones, training variables & training specifics
- Overload & progressive overload
- Understanding energy systems, energy systems and events, energy systems and training design
- Aerobic & anaerobic
- Lactate production, lactate clearance & lactate tolerance
- Aerobic threshold & anaerobic threshold
- VO2 Max – Maximum O2 Uptake
- Anaerobic Glycolysis
- Muscle fuel – ATP, ATP-PC
- Lactic acid & lactate curve
- Heart rate & heart rate curve
Planning for Competition Swimmers
You will also be provided with a step by step guide to assist you with your seasonal planning, weekly planning and workout design. This includes:
- Seasonal planning for Juniors and Advanced Juniors
- Seasonal Planning for Age and Youth Performance
- Training Intensities, weekly planning and workout design for advanced juniors
- Preparation Planning for Age and Youth Performance
- Weekly Planning and Weekly Periodisation for Age and Youth Performance
- Importance of Preparing for 200m events
- Considerations for race preparation and Tapering for peak performance
These sessions are only for current members of Swim Coach Advantage.
The presentation and delivery of the content above will be led by 2004 & 2012 Australian Olympic Swim Team Head Coach, Leigh Nugent. “Nugget” as he is affectionally known around the swimming traps, will deliver the key components above and will be supported by a number of guest contributors including Australia’s next Head Coach Rohan Taylor and a physiologist.
As a new member to Swim Coach Advantage, you will also receive 12 months access to:
- More than 200 stroke drill videos
- Weekly swim observations from experienced coaches
- The Coaching Junior Swimmers certificate program
- The weekly Mentor PODs which are held live each week (and recorded for viewing later if you miss them)
- The Swim Parent Advantage program – see, read and watch all the information provided to swim parents
- A coaching network of like-minded coaches who want to learn and develop their coaching knowledge and skills
Take advantage of our special offer. This offer is time sensitive. Join by Sunday 13 September 2020 and you can use the Coupon Code “ASCTA” and receive $50.00 off the yearly price.
This program will begin on Thursday 27 August 2020. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to take your coaching to another level.
See more at Swim Coach Advantage.